Steve Hart is a multi-media journalist with a background in radio and interests in audio production.
Born in the UK, but now living in New Zealand, he currently works at NZME’s New Zealand Herald.
Best known as a business & personal finance reporter, magazine editor, and podcaster, his professional experience includes working for regional newspapers and local radio in the UK.
Between 2000 and 2007 Steve worked at the New Zealand Herald in Auckland. He was chief sub editor of its daily business section, and went on to edit the paper’s Travel and Career sections.
From 2007 he worked as a freelance writer, editor, WordPress wizard, video producer and podcaster. He also launched (and sold) the Viewfinder magazine for independent movie makers.
- Project manager
- Video editor
Past editorships (since 2000)
- NZ Investor magazine and website (contract editor)
- Publisher/editor Viewfinder magazine and website (business sold in 2012)
- D-Photo, photography magazine (contract editor)
- Engineering and Manufacturing magazine (contract editor)
- New Zealand Herald; editor, custom publications (including the popular Inside series and Enterprise, for SMEs)
- New Zealand Herald; editor, Careers section
- New Zealand Herald; editor, Travel section
Writing credits (in New Zealand)
- New Zealand Herald – employment and business writer
- Project Auckland (NZ Herald special publication)
- German news agency DPA
- Employment Today magazine (ThomsonReuters)
- D-Photo (digital photography) magazine
- InBusiness magazine
- NZ Investor magazine
- Herald on Sunday (business section)
- Mortgage Magazine
- NZ Business
- Management magazine
- Domain Magazine (Fairfax)
- Migrant News
- Bay of Plenty Times (APN)
- The Big Idea website
During the last century:
- Managing editor, Barkers Trident Communications.
- Globe-trotting photo-journalist for Norwegian firm Kvaerner.
- Reporter, sub editor, chief sub editor and deputy editor at the Yellow Advertiser Group.
- Freelance work at; BBC Essex, reporter; Essex Radio, tech op/reporter; Southend Standard, sub editor; The Lancet, designer; Private Eye, researcher; Thames News, stringer; Essex County Council, designer…