Steve Hart – quick look bio
Steve Hart is a journalist and editor, a keen user of WordPress, he enjoys podcasting and has fun hosting his jazz radio show.
Between 2000 and 2007 Steve worked at the NZ Herald as chief sub editor of its daily business section. He went on to edit the paper’s Travel and Career sections.
He left to work as a freelance feature writer and magazine editor, started building WordPress websites, edited videos and launched the Viewfinder magazine and website for budget movie makers.
Steve regularly uses Indesign, Photoshop, Audition (audio) and Premier Pro (video) on a Mac. He uses RadioLogik (like NexGen) broadcast software to record his syndicated radio show.
When time allows he creates odd sounds with Reason and listens to jazz, house, trance and 70s prog rock.
- Project manager
- Video editor
Past editorships (since 2000)
- New Zealand Herald; editor, custom publications (including the popular Inside series and Enterprise, for SMEs)
- New Zealand Herald; editor, Careers section
- New Zealand Herald; editor, Travel section
- NZ Investor magazine and website (contract editor)
- Publisher/editor Viewfinder magazine and website (business sold in 2012)
- D-Photo, photography magazine (contract editor)
- Engineering and Manufacturing magazine (contract editor)
Writing credits (in New Zealand)
- New Zealand Herald – employment and business writer
- Project Auckland (NZ Herald special publication)
- German news agency DPA
- Employment Today magazine (ThomsonReuters)
- D-Photo (digital photography) magazine
- InBusiness magazine
- NZ Investor magazine
- Herald on Sunday (business section)
- Mortgage Magazine
- NZ Business
- Management magazine
- Domain Magazine (Fairfax)
- Migrant News
- Bay of Plenty Times (APN)
- The Big Idea website
During the last century (in the UK):
- Reporter, sub editor, chief sub editor and deputy editor at the Yellow Advertiser Group in Essex.
- Radio: BBC Essex, reporter; Essex Radio, tech op/reporter; Basildon Radio, breakfast host; Southend Hospital Radio, news and music presenter; Radio Top Shop, presenter/manager, and club DJ.
- Southend Standard, sub editor; The Lancet, designer; Private Eye, researcher for Paul Foot; Thames News/Daily Mirror/NoW, stringer, Island Times, launch editor…