Here are a few websites I like to keep an eye on and a few videos that may be of interest. They are presented in no particular order.
- Democracy Now! A highly respected week-day news hour that’s advertising free.
- Audio reports on New Zealand’s Parliament here.
- Media Matters checks ‘facts’ broadcast on US Talk Radio here.
- Trump’s war on the media here.
- Electronic Frontier Foundation here.
- Pro Publica – Journalism in the public interest.
- 9/11 World Trade Centre 7 – the mysterious collapse and this.
- Centre for Investigative Journalism. These guys released the Panama Papers among other things.
- Max Keiser; this guy shoots from the lip on all things global economy.
- McSpotlight (McLibel). During the 90s I followed the McLibel case in London, bought the video and the T-shirt.
- Being a huge fan of the WordPress CMS I keep up to date with the latest plugins.
- Universal Basic Income. Why the benefit system needs to be overhauled.
- Positive Money. Discover how money is created by banks.
- Press Gazette. The online version of the magazine for journalists.
- Journalism is another UK magazine/resource for journalists.
- Open Democracy. News and features, some of which can be republished for free (subject to Ts&Cs).
- Free software for Macs. Free alternative to MSWord here.
- The Yes Men here.
- See Broadcast Blues here.
- See Corporate FM here.
- Do a search for OutFoxed, a fascinating doco about Fox ‘News’.
- The Corporation here.
Just for fun
- When I need a jingle fix I go to Jingle Mad Radio.
- This site is also worth a look if you are into old ILR stations in the UK.
- Pirate radio. A bit of British nostalgia.
- The Free Music Archive features new music you don’t hear on the radio. Orfium is also worth a look for new bands.
Recording video with your smartphone?
Please don’t shoot vertical video with your smartphone (just do not do it). Turn it sideways so it matches your widescreen TV, and then press the record button.